Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Shadowplay (Pantomime #2) by Laura Lam {49}

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Title: Shadowplay (Pantomime #2)
Author: Laura Lam
Release date: January 4, 2014
Pages: 400
The circus lies behind Micah Grey in dust and ashes.

He and the white clown, Drystan, take refuge with the once-great magician, Jasper Maske. When Maske agrees to teach them his trade, his embittered rival challenges them to a duel which could decide all of their fates. People also hunt both Micah and the person he was before the circus--the runaway daughter of a noble family. And Micah discovers there is magic and power in the world, far beyond the card tricks and illusions he's perfecting...

A tale of phantom wings, a clockwork hand, and the delicate unfurling of new love, Shadowplay continues Micah Grey’s extraordinary journey.
My teaser, from 17% in the egalley:
But the feeling lingered still, as I sat there bathed in the soft cobalt glow.

I did not sleep the rest of that night.
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the first book, so I'm super excited to read this! I love circus-themed things! :)

I'll be visiting around and visiting back, so leave me links to your teasers! Have a lovely Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment