Thursday, October 24, 2013

Let's Talk About... Rereading

I feel like everyone has their own, very specific views on rereading. There those on one side, who reread books they love over and over again until they've almost memorized the book. But then there are others who never reread, who always want to move on to the next thing. I'm kind of in the middle, like always. :) I'll reread things I love love love and I'll also reread things I just can't remember but am curious about. Examples? Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier (LOVE) and Divergent by Veronica Roth (couldn't remember).

Sometimes this changes my ideas about those books. Sometimes I'll love it just as much as I remember or like it more than I thought, as was the case with both of the books I mentioned. But, it could easily go the other way. I might have not liked one as much or I might've hated the other.

I think that risk runs higher when it comes to reading books that I read before I started blogging (which was the case with both) or even at the beginning of my time blogging. With blogging (and college, too) has come a more critical look at books and less of an ability to accept crappy elements. Yes, I'll still look over some stuff because I want to, but it happens a lot less often. With age and experience comes discernment. :)

So how about y'all? Do you reread? If you do, do you often find that you like a book more or less? What books? And do you think it's just misremembered or new opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment