Thursday, September 5, 2013

Let's Talk About... Getting Emotional Over Books

So last night, Kate (of Nomalicious Reads) and I were discussing the books she was reading and about to read, and she mentioned The Bitter Kingdom, to which I immediately talked about how much I cried at it. (Because how could I not??) That, of course, led into a discussion about crying at books. And it got me thinking about how much I cry at books, and I am curious to know about much y'all cry!

I am a crier. I cry at books, at movies, at YouTube videos, and at Tumblr posts (among lots of other things, but books are the biggest culprit.) If I feel it, I let it go. Simple as that. Every so often this gets embarrassing. I'm quite liable to cry in public if I'm surprised. If I can tell something is going to make me cry, I'll likely stop and read it later because sometimes I'm just not in the mood to get funny looks from strangers. My parents even laughed at how much I cried when I read The Fault in Our Stars (I'll admit, I was a blubbering mess.) I cried so hard at Clockwork Princess that my tears all got caught in my eyelashes and I couldn't see. Sometimes I just sit after finishing a book and just sob.

And this is something I am totally okay with! I love feeling emotionally attached to things! Even as a say I cry at everything, I do have to feel the emotion there. I don't cry at YouTube videos that are jokingly sad or anything, but I bawl at the videos of children seeing their parents right after they've come home from fighting overseas.

I know a lot of people aren't like me, though. And honestly, I want to know! Are you like me, and can start crying at the drop of a hat if something strikes you? Or do you only cry at some things? Or not at all? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment