Monday, September 2, 2013

Kicking off a Month of Classics Retold!

Hi y'all! For the entire month of September I am going to be participating in Classics Retold, which is a project hosted by Alison @ The Cheap ReaderAlyssa @ Books Take You Places,Brittany @ Book Addicts GuideCharlene @ Bookish Whimsy, and Wendy @ Excellent Library. In this project, participants are reading a classic book, then reading and watching adaptations, retellings, etc!



For Classics Retold, I chose to focus on North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. I have never read the book before, but I've seen BBC's most recent adaptation (starring Richard Armitage, aka Thorin Oakenshield, y'all) and know I love the story. I figured this was the perfect way to make time to read the novel, though! I am going to try to read and watch as many things as possible, starting with the original novel and the adaptation I love.


I'm then going to try out a book that changes the ending and continues the story, A Heart for Milton, and an older adaptation, this one starring Patrick Stewart, so I'm excited.


I'm not sure if I'll be able to get more done after that, but if I do, I'll let y'all know what it is! I'm fully prepared for A Heart for Milton to be terrible. All of the continuations, etc. were self-published, so that might tell you something, though I imagine there's little want for them.

So that's it! I'll be starting North and South as soon as is humanly possible and will be posting weekly updates on my progress, even if there isn't much to tell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment