Thursday, December 1, 2011

Follow Friday #18

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read each week and is a joint effort between all of us bloggers to find new blogs to read, love, and obsess over. Plus each week a different question is answered, so we can all learn a little bit more about the bloggers whose opinions matter to us. :) Tally ho!



Q. What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don't like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!
ME. I have quite a few pet peeves when it comes to books, but the biggest is plain ole' bad grammar and typos. I look past this if a book is self-published, especially if it hasn't been professionally edited, but a book from an established publisher just shouldn't have these kinds of problems. They pay people to check those kinds of things and, sure, maybe one or two mess ups are okay, but I've read books that are just rife with typos and horrendous grammar. Bleh. It really ruins my interest in a story, since everyone I know knows I'm a grammar/spelling freak. :) Luckily, this doesn't happen very often, so I don't grump about it much.

I hope everyone has a lovely Friday and a happy weekend! I'll be doing some page visiting today and hope you leave me links to your posts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment