Thursday, September 15, 2011

Follow Friday #10!

Friday again! Another week come and gone and it's time for my basically 4 day weekend, just like every weekend. College does such wonderful things. :)

Anyways, Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read each week and is a joint effort between all of us bloggers  to find new blogs to read and love. Plus, each week a different question is asked, and I get to answer it! So here goes:



Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?

ME. This is such a hard question! I know the world of Harry Potter is an obvious, though highly desirable, but I tend to really get immersed in major fantasy worlds more than anything else. When I have to read about an entire world completely unlike what I know it's so fun to get into, and I don't want to leave if it's done well. My favorite would probably be the worlds of the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman. I know this is a polarizing series, but I loved the books when I read them. I loved the parallel worlds. One was much like ours, but one we spent most of our time in was much like what I read in other fantasy books, and I loved the juxtaposition. Ohhhhhh. Now I need to reread those... *runs off to find my copies*


I've nothing much to tell you guys in my closing remarks, so have a lovely and eventful weekend! See ya soon!

6 comments:

  1. I loved this series, I would definitely like to live in this world :) It would be awesome to have a daemon!
    Old follower!
    My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read His Dark Materials series! I'm going to have to look that up! I love a good fantasy world. I'm with you on the HP though! I'd love it. I like when you can slip between two societies... be in the normal human world or the magic world! Happy Friday! <3

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. Great choice of Pullman. I'd love to have my own daemon.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, I'm one of the people that would love to be in the world of Harry Potter. :)

    By the way - cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally said Harry Potter too! I mean, it's OBVIOUS :]

    Great blog, I'm now following you :]
    Here's my post: http://tiny.cc/0jdts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Picks, Harry Potter and the Golden Compass worlds are awesome. =] New Follower
    Here is my FF this week. =]http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-friday1.html

    ReplyDelete